Postby Kerfanna » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Officer
Realm Name: Dalaran
Character Name: Elexis
A few days ago I got an email stating that I changed my email address on my Guild Wars 2 account. I don't actually play Guild Wars 2, so I assumed it was spam. However, I took the time to contact ArenaNets customer support to make sure they were aware of it and offered to forward them the emails I received, which is what you do when you get fake emails from WoW (phishing@blizzard.com).

The response I got (posted below) was staggering:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Phishing Email?

Response Via Email (GM Serendipity) 09/04/2012 06:20 AM

Hello,

I apologize for any confusion the mail you received may have caused.

We recently had a number of malicious users each change their own Guild Wars 2 accounts several thousand times which resulted in you receiving this mail. Presumably, this was done to scan through a list of email addresses stolen from other games and websites to find accounts that are currently registered to Guild Wars 2. Most likely this was done to target them for account theft.

We would suggest that you secure your email address by changing its password. Also, we advise that you take similar steps to secure any other accounts that may be associated to the email address that received this message from our account system.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Serendipity
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/
Founding member of Group Laser Cats- From the Eyes. MewMewPewPew: Furry and Mean. Formerly known as Group Awesome.

[G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara // Delete post
I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

Postby Hafalgor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Raid Leader
Character Name: Hafalgor
I could swear I posted this in the shoutbox on Monday ;)

Yeah ArenaNet support is fantastic. Much, much better than any other game I've played.

Postby Kerfanna » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Officer
Character Name: Elexis
You did, I was just putting the "official" response up so that people could see it. Also, Monday was only a couple days ago and it's already off the shoutbox, it needed to be somewhere more permanent. I'm actually going to move it to news so that it's on the front page.
Founding member of Group Laser Cats- From the Eyes. MewMewPewPew: Furry and Mean. Formerly known as Group Awesome.

[G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara // Delete post
I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.