Postby Thijs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am

Site Admin
Realm Name: Dalaran
Character Name: Thijs
On Will of the Emperor, I suspect the mechanic we will have the most trouble with will be dealing with Devastating Arc. This is the attack that the two major bosses of the encounter do where they swing their swords in large cleave style swings in different areas around them. It's unique to the encounter, and quite frankly I've never seen anything like it (all together).

The attack hurts AND adds an armor debuff that stacks with every hit. Plus avoiding this attack provides a button to press that lets you do 500k damage to the boss in one GCD (Opportunistic Strike). So this is a major key to the encounter.

I struggled with this in LFR at first. But the following article helped me solve this problem.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/121 ... this-to-me

The last LFR I was able to avoid the Arc most of the time by adjusting the camera and looking for the blue arc signaling the direction of attack. Note that this doesn't appear on the ground, where you might expect it. So adjusting the camera and learning to look above you, rather than under you, for the bad that will hit the floor will make the attempts less frustrating for you.

Looking forward to Friday!
Follow me on Twitter.

Postby lazurz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 pm

SPAMMER!
Character Name: Spiderturky
Are ranged able to do this aswell?
Look back, Change and adapt.

Postby Thijs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Site Admin
I'm not sure. I would think they should be able to because they are out of range of the Devastating Arc(s), however the attack may be a melee attack.

Which makes me realize that this post probably only applies to me and Druj. LOL Maybe not so key as I originally thought.
Follow me on Twitter.
SPAMMER!
Character Name: Spiderturky
If ranged can also get the 500k hit then i will be doing it too hahaha, will have to check on the interwebs though.
Look back, Change and adapt.
Officer
Character Name: Lunaflora
As a healer in LFR, I've never seen it.
If we just open up our hearts, we can see a fantasia. If we close our eyes, our dreams will come true.

Postby Thijs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Site Admin
Just melee and the tanks, apparently. According to the Icy Veins page:

Tanks and melee DPS will quickly learn the animations of the various ways in which Devastating Arc can be cast, and avoiding them should only be a matter of concentration.

For tanks, it is especially important to avoid these attacks. This is because the armor-reducing debuff that getting hit by Devastating Arc applies can prove quite dangerous, if the number of stacks is high. Note that the debuff will not have time to expire between Devastating Combos, so avoiding being hit by Devastating Arc is mandatory.

Tanks have an added challenge, here, that DPS players do not share. Because of Magnetic Armor, tanks cannot simply out-range the attacks of the bosses. For the Devastating Arcs, the tanks can quite easily move to the side of the boss that will not be affected. However, in order to avoid the Stomp, tanks will have to move away from the boss, between 13 and 15 yards, where they will not be hit by the Stomp, nor pulled back by Magnetic Armor. This will be tricky to do at first, but it should become easy with some practice.
Follow me on Twitter.

Postby Thijs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Site Admin
So not just me and Druj, but also Shik and Kerf. Oh man, this is gonna be great.

This can be practiced on LFR.
Follow me on Twitter.
Officer
Character Name: Lunaflora
Druj says he knows the dance already :)
If we just open up our hearts, we can see a fantasia. If we close our eyes, our dreams will come true.

Postby Thijs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Site Admin
Sweet!
Follow me on Twitter.
Officer
Character Name: Elexis
This sounds like it will be awesome. =D
Founding member of Group Laser Cats- From the Eyes. MewMewPewPew: Furry and Mean. Formerly known as Group Awesome.

[G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara // Delete post
I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.