Eminence is no longer a Raiding Guild

A wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Postby Saeble » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 am

Default Avatar
Realm Name: Dalaran
Character Name: Ileani
This is obviously not the news I'd ever want to convey to anyone that reads this... the old members, the new blood, those that have supported us and the guild through the years it has existed. Unfortunately, this has finally come to pass. Eminence no longer has the members to continue raiding. Symari (GM) will probably be quitting soon. I will follow her. Michael has moved on, Thijs has moved on... we've had several others that we've recruited recently move on, and the list goes on.

To those that have been a part of this guild (lots of you far longer than I have), thank you for giving me the chance to experience what World of Warcraft has to offer in an epic raid setting. The months that I have been privileged to raid with a group like this were truly some of the most challenging, engaging, and fun times I have had in a game. I will not forget the community that we shared, the accomplishments, the random stuff we did did together.

This seems like it has been a while in coming. As Sam's partner, watching the decline, the inexorable slow crumble has been stressful and sapping. The more people we recruit, the most people we lose. The more effort we put in to being on time and getting things going, the more random bullshit happens (I'm not disparaging anybody - life, and shit, happens). We have fought and persevered the best that we could.

Many people also just don't like the game anymore. The World of Warcraft they knew and loved is gone, and consequently so are they. This feeling seems to encompass almost all of our members now, whether they recently moved on or are still here but log in only to raid.

Of course, the guild will continue to exist, but, sadly, probably as nothing but a shell of its former self without the people that made it vibrant and gave it such a unique feel. I feel privileged having contributed to and experienced such an environment.

There's really not much more I can say other than, again, thank you to everyone that allowed me the privilege of experiencing this community, and to those of you that consider me a friend. Even if I don't end up playing WoW anymore, I'd still like to keep in touch.

I can be added on Skype or MSN - my email is cameronmp@sbcglobal.net
Unfortunately I do not have Facebook.

To those of you that are staying, I wish you the best, such as can be wished in a situation like this, and hope that you continue to find some happiness and enjoyment in game or in the community that remains.

Postby Thijs » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 am

Site Admin
Character Name: Thijs
It was great while it lasted. I only regret not having been a part of this guild sooner. Good people are hard to find. You are good people.

I'm sorry for those that recently server transferred to join our guild to raid. Folks like Dascius and Junii. I can understand if you're very disappointed. Please contact me in-game (battle.net id Malachai#1360) and perhaps there's something I can do to make amends.

And as Cam alluded to, I have found a new raiding home, with the guild Core on Greymane. These seem like good people, but I don't know them well yet. I will report back on how things go there. If it's something that is appealing to you, perhaps you can also go there and raid with us. (In short, they are a guild like Eminence in culture and style, they raid 25 mans and raid Mon, Tue and Wed 8:30pm to Midnight EST.)

Finally, I want to note that the guild doesn't have to die in WoW without raiding. There are many activities in the game other than raiding. Perhaps the next GM can evolve Eminence to serve these types of players. I think there's an opportunity there, since most of these types of players are usually "lesser" ranked players on raiding guilds. I will certainly keep my alts here and continue to develop them.

Hopefully see you around in WoW (via Battle Net grouping) or in other games (Mick is going to get me primed in LoL!)
Follow me on Twitter.
Officer
Character Name: Lunaflora
It was a great run all these years. I will truly miss it.
I'll still be around for LFR and what-not. Can't get rid of me that easily ;P
I may find myself in a friend's guild raids but I don't think I could really leave Eminence, not having been here from day one. Call me stubborn or the last original, IDC lol.

This was the best guild I've ever been apart of! I love you all and will miss all the fun times. Drop by and say hey every now and then! <3
If we just open up our hearts, we can see a fantasia. If we close our eyes, our dreams will come true.
Chain Caster of the Healing Chains of Chain Healing Chainheal.
Character Name: Kymmi
It has always been the people that made the guild what it is, as long as we have a method to talk to each other we'll still be here, we're no longer just a guild on WoW. We're a gaming clan, you could say.

That being said, i am not sure whether to pass the GM mantle or keep it for now.. but i have unsubbed, after much thought.

I will fix up any rank issues and so on before i go, but if anyone wishes to step up to GM lemme know, as even though i would rather keep it, I will pass the torch if anyone wants to continue on. :)

As for other things, mostly i will be spending a lot of my spare time on minecraft, rift, and beta testing ff14, as well as working on getting my butt over there and visit you all. :P
Support our Minecraft server by donating here!

KYMI YOUR CAPSLOCK IS BORKEN!!!
(f ;..; )f BRAINS (f ;..; )f BRAINS (f ;..; )f BRAINS ¯\(°_o/¯ OMG too many of em wtf to do?
Founding member of Group Laser Cats- From the Eyes. MewMewPewPew: Furry and Mean. Formerly known as Group Awesome.
hey guiz, why is the sky gone red???
>8< Spider Pride!
SPAMMER!
Character Name: Spiderturky
The first thing we should do is create a steam group for everybody to join.
Eminence gaming!
Look back, Change and adapt.
Officer
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. :D
If we just open up our hearts, we can see a fantasia. If we close our eyes, our dreams will come true.
Officer
I've set up LFR nights in place of our usual raid nights on the calendar for those that would still like to hang out and see the end content as it progresses.
Invite times are 9pm while queue times could start at 9:15-10pm. Hopefully not that late!
This can still be our chance to raid together without the stress of pugging and progression breathing down our necks.
With so many options to queue for, we'll have to see who shows up and explore the possibilities of which we're able to queue in.
I've thought long and hard on this for the past 24 hours and this is the best I can come up with that hasn't already failed.

So, here is your excuse for checking up on us!
Pix

Postby Pix » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:08 am

Default Avatar
Raid Leader
Character Name: Pix
We had a good run. From our silent coup d'état all the way through mists. Unfortunet that everytime we would start hitting stride wed lose a large chunk of our core for an undetermined amount of time. We always had the choice to replace and move on, but we held out and stuck together. The flashes chances and sparks to go pro were always there but we played like a family instead of a corpertion. Chins steam idea is solid and most of us are linked somehow on facebook. It is sad to see it has finnaly happened but, its not really an end more of the next expansion....in life.

Postby Thijs » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Site Admin
Character Name: Thijs
I don't have your perspective, Pix, seeing the greater picture and evolution of the guild. But with my limited perspective, I can see what you mean. This is more an evolution into something new that better represents what the interests of the members are. Just like in WoW, we're simply adapting to the things people enjoy doing, rather than trying to adapt the people to this "thing we do" (e.g., WoW raiding, or whatever).

I think it's a positive thing. There were enough people logging into WoW just to keep this aspect of the guild alive and not because they enjoyed it, that supports this transition we're going through.
Follow me on Twitter.